How Green Are We?
Here at Pesicek Collision Center, we are doing everything we can to be as eco-friendly as possible, and we have been that way for over 10 years! A few of the ways in which we help minimize the amount of pollution from our shop:
- We recycle our thinner, cardboard, paper products, all metals, and any plastics that can be recycled.
- We use Axalta Coating Systems as one of the most effective solutions for lowering VOC emissions—improving air quality and our environment.
- Also, all of our paint emissions are triple filtered before they leave the shop.
- As always, we are looking for ideas that will help us become more environmentally friendly. If you have any ideas, please feel free to let one of us know.
What can we all do to help the earth?
Below are just a few tips that anyone can do to help keep the earth cleaner for generations to come!
- Consider alternate modes of transportation. For example, carpooling and running multiple errands at once saves money and cuts pollution.
- Keep your car in top running condition and make sure your tires are properly inflated.
- When weather permits, open up the windows in your house and turn the air-conditioner or heater to the outside temperature (or turn it off), this can save you up to 20% in heating and cooling costs.
- Recycle all approved materials: glass, cardboard, paper, plastic, aluminum, etc. Prices for aluminum, steel, and other metals are high; you could earn some extra cash by taking it to the recycling center or local scrap yard.
- Replace worn out house windows if simple caulking and weather stripping are no longer effective.
- Consider using solar powered lighting on your patio area. This will help cut your electricity costs and reduce pollutants while providing a nice atmosphere for those backyard barbeques this summer.